Drum roll please… our next Read-Along book is… YOUR SECRET NAME: Discovering Who God Created You to Be by Kary Oberbrunner!
I blogged about the book a month ago. If you’re considering reading along, you’ll want to read that post.
We’ll introduce ourselves here on the blog on December 28th and kick off the Read-Along officially on January 4. It will go for 50 days (8 Tuesdays in a row) and end on February 22.
I’m excited, folks. EXCITED. And let me tell you why.
FOUR Reasons I’m EXCITED:
1. I can’t think of a better way to start 2011, a Brand New Year, than to find FREEDOM and HEALING and move into all God wants us to be and do with our lives. Tons of people have already found this in the few short months the book’s been out. (Read some stories here.) God is using Kary’s words in a powerful way, and I want you in on it.
2. If you read Radical with us (and even if you didn’t), Your Secret Name is going to be a little breather of sorts for you. Me personally? I’m going to use these 50 days to breathe deep, cuddle up closer to my Father, learn more about him and who I am in him, and ask him to help me to wait patiently while he shows me what’s next.
3. Since Gabe and I know Kary personally, we were able to pull a few strings and work out some sweet deals for all of you. Every week that you write your own blog post and link it back here, you’ll be entered to win an AWESOME PRIZE from Zondervan (Kary’s publisher). And get this–they’re letting me pick ANY BOOK I WANT to give away each week. Do you know how fast that makes this bibliophile’s heart race??
4. And last, but not least, I’m pumped about the community of people God is going to bring together to read this book. I loved, loved, loved reading Radical with so many of you and seeing firsthand how God was using those words (and his Word!) to press on your heart. And I’m so looking forward to that part again–learning each other’s stories, praying for each other, encouraging each other on our journeys.
FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1. The Schedule of Events (and how the Read-Along works):
**TODAY– a.) Decide to join the Read-Along b.) leave a comment saying, “I’m in!” to be entered to win a free book, c.) “Like” Your Secret Name’s Facebook page, d.) order (or win) your book, e.) invite your friends to read along. (Whew. It’s not as overwhelming as it sounds. Really.)
**Tuesday, December 28–Introduce Yourselves to your Fellow Readers-Along here on this blog, start reading Chapters 1-2 (you can always read ahead!).
**Tuesday, January 4–Official Read-Along Launch–discuss your thoughts here and/or write your own post and link to it for a chance to win!
**The next 7 Tuesdays–join us here (& on Your Secret Name’s FB Page) as we share our thoughts about the book and what God is showing us through it.
2. Limited Time Special Offer! From December 1 to December 15, Zondervan is offering a crazy-awesome deal. For $10, you get the BOOK, the AUDIO BOOK and FREE SHIPPING. Um, that’s a sweet deal. Click here to take them up on their generous offer.
3. Help me pick your prizes! I would looooove to pick 8 of my own personal favorite books from the Zondervan site, but unfortunately, I’m not going to be eligible to win any of them, soooo… how about some input? Browse around Zondervan.com, and tell me your two top book picks.
4. Your Secret Name is a wonderful book to do in a small group setting or Bible Study group too. I sweet-talked us some free Teacher study guide and Participant study guide downloads for our Read-Along group. Pass them on!
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,
5. You can enter your name up to SIX times to win one of FIVE free copies of Your Secret Name TODAY ONLY (drawing at 7pm, EST). Here’s how: 1.) tell me “I’m in!” 2.) tweet about the read-along, 3.) tell your facebook friends, 4.) join Your Secret Name’s Facebook group, 5.) Take the Secret Name Test and tell me your Secret Name, and 6.) tell me 1-2 books you’d like to win from Zondervan.
EDIT (10:10pm): We have WINNERS! Sharon M, Kandi W, Nina R, Britt D, and Erin R, e-mail me your mailing addresses! The rest of you GO BUY YOUR BOOK!
I think that’s it, folks! It’s all YOU now! This is going to be AWE-SOME!