Hello, friends! Happy Monday morning! (Unless you’re a night owl and reading this shortly after I wrote it…then Happy Father’s Day!)
1. The HUSBANDS’ SURVEY is up and ready. Gabe is doing his right now. I’m curious to see how many of you can actually get your husbands/fiances to fill it out and send it to me. There’s no free book in it for them, but maybe you can each offer your hubbies your own prize for filling it out. Ahem.
2. I have 44 surveys from you fabulous women so far. THANK YOU. Keep ’em coming! If I get more than 50, that’s okay. I’m going to cut it off on July 1st or at 75 surveys, whichever comes first. I’d love to give away hundreds of free books, but I’d better put a cap on it for the time being. Again, the response has been great, and your answers are awesome.
3. Hi, Larry and Paulette! (our Sunday School teachers) Larry told me this morning that he enjoys my blog. I’ve been amused and surprised to find out some of the people who read this thing. Hey, YoYo–maybe Larry is Cali! (Actually, he’s from Ridgeway.)
4. We went to Gabe’s cousin’s wedding Saturday. Livi and Ava wore their Easter dresses.
“Those dresses are really pretty,” my sis-in-law, Angie, says.
“We got them at Lowe’s” says Ava.
“Really?” Angie says, smiling. Who knew?
“Actually, honey, we got them at Target.” I say gently.
Today after church we’re watching NASCAR pre-race. “Look!” says Ava. “The Lowe’s car!” Big red circle, smaller red circle inside.
“Um, that’s Target,” Gabe says.
“Remind me to tell you something,” I say to him quietly.
“I know what you’re going to tell him,” says my way-too-observant five-year-old. Grins knowingly. “You’re going to tell him what Ava said to Angie yesterday.”
My goodness. Does nothing get by her?
5. Mother-in-law survey coming soon!
6. Speaking of in-laws, had a fun day with Gabe’s mom, dad, brother, sis-in-law, and nieces on Saturday. (and lots of his extended family at the wedding) Gabe’s dad turned 50! Happy Birthday, Rock! Tanner Rock, his namesake, will be born sometime in the next couple weeks–can’t wait!
Have a great week!