My mind is brimming with thoughts on this sunny Monday. Hope y’all don’t mind if I share some of them with you. (I’m not from the South–just think “y’all” sounds so friendly.)
1. So, Livi and Ava have invented a new game. They play it outside on the sidewalk while riding their bikes. It’s called “Cow-y o’ Cow.” “How do you play?” I asked. “You shoot people in the bottom.” Ava replied. Ummm…okay…? Livi explained: “You shoot ’em because they’re cows and you use them to get food to eat, like hamburger.” Delightful. Such a pleasant, peaceful game.
2. We are doing well as a family on our quest for good health. Gabe has lost 19 pounds! And I have discovered Sam’s Choice Orchard Trail Mix, a “healthy” way to satisfy my sweet tooth. Yum.
3. A 9-year-old boy ran up to us at the park today and invited us (the girls and me) to his birthday party at the lake on July 6th. He was there alone. I could tell he had some learning disabilities, but he was so sweet. He asked for my phone #. I lied and said, “I forget.” “I don’t know mine either,” he said, “but it’s because I’m little.” I didn’t have such an excuse. For forgetting OR lying.
4. Our neighbor’s little boy locked his family out of the house today while they were sitting on the porch. His mom lifted up the window over the air conditioner and tossed him inside. It was comical.
5. Speaking of neighbors, we’re having a block party this month. I’m excited to get to know everyone–even though we’re moving. The police will block off our street and everything. How fun!
6. I hate flies.
7. I’m 30 years old. At what age will I stop sitting at the dining room table with my feet on my chair and my knees pulled up to my chest? I’m not sure, but at least I don’t walk around and around the table during meals like I did when I was little.
8. Nina was an angel yesterday evening while we ran some errands. “Isn’t she a good baby?” I commented to Livi. “Yeah,” Livi said, “she’s so quiet and steady.” Steady??
9. Ava’s new favorite food is “”bowl-id” eggs. 🙂
10. Happy 5-month birthday to NINA!