The time is 12:24 a.m. I am not tired. At all. I took a two-hour nap this afternoon. I’m three pages in to HP #7 and ready to be done with the fool thing so I can get on with my awesome life.
Anyway. I’ve been staring at my computer screen for at least four minutes, going from e-mail to google reader to twitter to facebook, hoping beyond hope that some brilliant idea will strike. Nope.
So, I start staring at my desk. And wondering why some of this stuff is even on it. And then thinking about the things I put there on purpose but that are a little odd. And then it hits me. No, not a flash of brilliance, but a mindless post for the last day before the weekend.
10 points to anyone who has one of these items on (not in) his/her desk.
20 points to anyone who has something on his/her desk even more obscure than any item I’ve listed.
And I have no idea what I mean by points. I’ve got, “Excellent, Miss Granger! 10 points to Gryffindor!” on the brain.
20 Obscure Items Currently on My Desk
1. a baby bottle (2 actually)
2. a giraffe head bank
3. a 1.75-oz tube of Aquaphor ointment
4. 9 purple pens
5. a 6-inch rubber giraffe
6. Mariah Carey’s Christmas CD
7. a painted egg shell from Hungary
8. a wooden instrument with a giraffe painted on it
9. a 1-inch by 1-inch replica of Green Gables
10. a black frame with the words “ZANY FOR ZOOS” in Scrabble letters
11. Vin Diesel’s The Pacifier on DVD
12. a giraffe-print journal
13. a journal with a giraffe painting on the front cover
14. a hazelnut cream candle
15. an old glass milk bottle half-filled with change labeled “Coins for Cambodia” in red stickers
16. a paper-thin purple mousepad of a face with evil purple eyes and “3dfx” written across the forehead
17. S-A-M spelled out in Scrabble letter magnets on my desk lamp
18. a Pei-Wei menu
19. my right elbow
20. 9 books written in the 1800’s
What’s on your desk? And hey–enjoy your weekend!