I feel super-strongly that this Radical Read-Along has got to be covered in prayer. Because there a couple few things I know.
1. We humans (me in particular) face the constant temptation to do things in our own power, rather than rely on the power of the Holy Spirit in us to accomplish great things. The good news? I am so administratively- and organizationally-challenged that there’s no “look what Marla pulled off” even in question. If things “work,” it was all God.
2. Which brings me to my second thing I know. We humans (me in particular) are quick to seek glory for ourselves and attribute it to other humans when IT ALL BELONGS TO GOD.
3. We humans (me in particular) are scared to try things that will make us uncomfortable or have any potential for failure.
4. We humans (me in particular) are loath to humble ourselves and admit when we need help of any kind.
5. We’re scared that bad things happen to those who follow hard after Jesus.
In light of all those things I know, here are some prayer requests I’d love you to pray through (and please! add more of your own!)
1. Please pray that we will seek God at every turn as we read this book together and that we will rely fully on his power and not our own strength.
2. Please pray that we will give God, and only God, all the glory for everything he accomplishes as we read, study, write and grow.
3. Please pray that anyone who is scared to read the book or comment on it publicly will find courage and strength in the Lord.
5. Please pray that we will put on the full armor of God and not fear the spiritual attacks that might very well come when we’re doing something that draws us closer to Christ.
Thank you, friends! He hears our prayers!