Meet my new favorite t-shirt. Of all time.
The Top 5 Reasons (in no particular order):
1. I know the fashion police would say otherwise, but I think this is the perfect color for a t-shirt. I don’t know what it’s called. Dark gray? Soft black? But it hides both sweat and stomach rolls, and I am ALL about that.
2. It has WORDS on it. In all-lowercase blue letters. Sigh.
3. It’s long, stretchy, and soft. Three-way PERFECTION.
4. $15 is a STEAL for something this cool (especially in light of #5).
5. And the most important reason: the proceeds go to fight human trafficking.
The story behind “she has a name”: There was a john (male paying for sex), a pimp, and a prostitute. The john asked the pimp what the girl’s name was. The pimp said, “She doesn’t have a name. She’s whoever you want her to be.”
Break my heart.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that one of the most important things God has called me to do is to communicate to his precious children (particularly women and children who are poor and/or oppressed) that they are beautiful and valuable and loved beyond measure.
I can’t remember how I found out about the t-shirt, but a few days ago I stumbled across the site (facebook maybe?) and knew I had to have it. One of the organizations they’re partnering with, As Our Own, is one my friend Amanda in TX has talked about, so I was surprised to click on the order form and find out that local pick-up was at a church 10 minutes from my house!
The proceeds from the shirts are not only supporting As Our Own (in India) but GraceHaven, which is fighting human trafficking right here in central Ohio. I know several of the folks personally who run this amazing ministry, and I’m so thankful for them.
You know this happens right in our backyards, right? No matter what city/state you live in.
I’d love for us to have matching t-shirts. Make sure you let me know if you get one.