I feel awfully overwhelmed right now and crave the semblance of order that a list will hopefully bring.
So. Here’s what’s on my mind and plate:
1. Gabe should be home from his NASCAR weekend around midnight (I’m writing this Sunday night at 9pm). He and his dad had a blast. He starts his new job tomorrow morning. He’s going to be tired but wired. We’re super thankful for this opportunity. God is good.
2. I had a wonderful weekend in Lima, OH with my wonderful mother-in-law (and bro-in-law and sis-in-law too). We each had a booth at a women’s retreat (Janelle–Africa, Tug and Angie–Will Rock 4 Food, Me–my books). I met some amazing women and reconnected with so many friends and acquaintances I’ve met through Gabe and his fam.
Kelly Minter was the speaker (she spoke on the book of Ruth), and she was phenomenal. Totally inspiring, and God reeeeeally spoke to my heart through her words and His.
3. Soccer starts this week. Gabe is coaching Livi’s team again. I don’t know how he’s going to make this work with his new job and all the websites he has to finish up. It’s our last season before daughter #3 begins her soccer career. Help.
4. Later on in the week, Gabe and I are heading in different directions again–he’s off to San Jose, and I’m back in Michigan. I can tell you this without fear that you will rob our house while we’re away. First of all, our neighbors are very vigilant and quite protective of us. And one has a HUGE dog, one a BIG gun. Besides, the only things of value (to anyone but us) in our home are our laptops (well, Gabe’s anyway–mine’s worthless) and our children, but those will be with us.
5. I just had a freak-out moment this weekend. I was thinking I had until April 15 to get all our tax stuff ready. Then I realized that I have to get it to our accountant a couple weeks before that. Another good thing about Gabe getting a job. It will cut down on our self-employment paperwork considerably.
6. A friend of mine went for her 16-week ultrasound this week. They hadn’t told many people they were expecting, because they’ve lost seven babies. SEVEN. All at different stages of pregnancy, but usually around 10-14 weeks. The doctor couldn’t find a heartbeat. The baby was gone. Please pray for them. I know God loves them and has a perfect plan for them, but I don’t know how you go on when you’ve lost eight babies. My heart is just breaking for them.
7. And please keep praying for little Faith. If you haven’t seen her photo shoot, it’s amazing. If you have a moment, please leave a comment and tell her she’s beautiful. It broke my heart in two to hear that she can hardly look in a mirror because she thinks she’s fat.
8. And would you pray for me that I’ll put my trust fully in God the next few days/weeks? Details are personal, but there are some things piled up that I keep thinking are just too big for God to handle, to hard for Him to work out in a timely manner. Please pray that I’ll get knocked upside the head and remember that NOTHING is too hard for my God. Thank you.
9. I’m just so thankful for each one of you. I love getting to journey through life with so many wonderful people. Thank you for being such a special part of my life.