Hey! Our Fall Read-Along starts tomorrow! Catch you off guard? Me too! And, hey! If you’ve had the tiniest little naggling feeling that you might maybe want to join us but the list of reasons why you really just can’t is a mile long, how about you read on for a minute?
5 Reasons I Can’t Possibly Read-Along With You People (Followed by 5 Attempts by Marla to Shoot Your Excuses Out of the Water):
1. I am just so busy. Soooooooooo busy. And fall is the busiest time of all the busy. School, sports, CHRISTMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER. Way way too busy.
(Hey. Calm down. We’re all busy. And we’re always going to be busy. This book is 44 pages long. Like 5 pages a week. You can do this. You know what they say–you can’t find time; you’ve got to make it. If you need to eliminate something from your schedule, just quit Christmas like me.)
2. I didn’t get my book yet. And we start TOMORROW.
(No worries. We’re just introducing ourselves tomorrow. And you don’t even “have” to have anything read until NEXT Tuesday. And if you’re desperate, stop by my house, and I’ll read the first section out loud to you. Or come to my church where they give out copies for FREE. You can also get it on your Kindle for $2.43.)
3. I’m a little bit afraid to get all involved in this justice thing. You people are freaky.
(Yeah, well, it’s going to be okay, because this book is actually all about God and Jesus. And prayer and worship. And then the justice bit just kind of leaks out of all that other awesome stuff.)
4. I don’t really even know how an online read-along works, and frankly, I’m afraid to ask.
(If you’re reading this blog post right now, then you know enough to join the read-along. Every Tuesday for the next few weeks, I’ll write a post about a chapter of the book. I’ll add some questions at the end of the post for you to think about. If you’re so inclined, you can leave a comment with your thoughts. If not, you can just read and meditate. That’s it!)
5. If I read this book, am I going to want to sell all my possessions and give them to the poor?
(I can’t make any promises.)
See you here sometime tomorrow, friends! (or the next day or whenever you have time to stop by!) I’m so excited!!