In honor of my 41st birthday today (happy birthday to me!), I want to have a little contest.
Here’s how it will work.
1. I’m going to make a list of FORTY-ONE challenges (some easy, some a little harder).
2. You will have ONE WEEK to complete as many challenges as you can.
3. At the end of one week (before midnight EST on November 8–so the night before the election), leave a comment on the blog telling me how many challenges you completed.
4. Whoever has completed the most challenges is THE WINNER. And 2nd and 3rd place WIN TOO.
1st place PRIZE: $15 Amazon gift card!
2nd place PRIZE: $10 Amazon gift card!
3rd place PRIZE: $5 Amazon gift card!
Disclaimer: to be eligible for ANY prize, you must have completed at least HALF of all challenges (so, 21+).
5. I’ll announce the winners on Election Day. (At least someone will have some happiness on November 8, eh?)
I will give out some special consolation prizes to people who made outstanding effort but didn’t win.
Here we go!
(Note: Some of these challenges involve giving money. I’ve included an alternative option on those challenges, so I don’t discriminate against anyone who doesn’t have extra $ to give.)
(And, if by some WILD chance, more than one person completes all 41, we’ll work on a tie-breaker. Doing all 41 automatically qualifies you for a prize.)
41 Challenges for my 41st Birthday:
1. Introduce yourself to a neighbor (or co-worker or someone at church) you’ve never met.
2. Read a whole book of the Bible. (hint: There are some really short ones near the back.)
3. Pray for a Facebook friend you currently dislike (most likely because of the upcoming election) (and pray a good prayer, not a prayer invoking destruction upon her head).
4. Donate any amount of money (even $1) to the Heartline Haiti Hurricane Relief Fund (or share the link on Facebook).
5. Read this article.
6. And this one.
7. Forgive someone.
8. Kiss someone (a person or a pet).
9. Face a fear (do something that scares you).
10. Make a one-time donation or monthly commitment to support a missionary or organization doing good (or make–and follow through on–a commitment to pray for them daily/weekly).
11. Post something really brave on social media.
12. Spend 30 uninterrupted (phone-free) minutes with a child (any child).
13. Watch the documentary 13th on Netflix (the whole thing–not just the trailer). If you don’t have Netflix, find a friend who does, invite yourself over and watch it together.
14. #13 is so important to me that I’ll give you two points for doing it.
15. Support someone’s adoption (either financially, through prayer, or sharing their Go Fund Me link on Facebook).
16. Give away something you love but don’t need. (And give it to someone personally–not just a Goodwill donation.)
17. Do a random act of kindness.
18. Send someone a card in the actual mail (or hand-deliver it).
19. Clean something you don’t want to clean.
20. Clean something for someone else that they don’t want to clean.
21. De-clutter! Get rid of 20 items you don’t need.
22. Get rid of 20 more items.
24. Send an encouraging Facebook message or email to someone you haven’t talked to in a long time.
25. Create something (art, food, a scarf, a story, a block tower, anything).
27. Learn how to count to 10 in a language you don’t already know how to count to 10 in.
28. Download the Chatbooks app to get awesome photo books with ZERO effort OR share a link to Chatbooks.com and mention my code (CAMBODIA) good for your first Chatbook in a series FREE.
29. Make a list of 5 things you love about yourself.
30. Make a list of 41 things you’re thankful for.
31. Eat something healthy AND delicious.
32. Think about the one thing you’re most worried about right now. For one whole day, DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT. (there’s grace for this one if you mess up a time or ten)
33. Read the first chapter of a book you’ve been meaning to read forever.
34. Do something that the people who know you best would never expect you to do.
35. Look through my list of ebooks and think of a friend who might be impacted by one of them in a positive way. Ask if she’d like a free copy. If she says yes, let me know, and I’ll send you one for her.
36. Make a 5-Item Bucket List.
37. Go out of your way to say something kind to someone in the service industry (gas station attendant, restaurant server, grocery store stocker).
38. Learn something new.
39. Think of one way you have grown in the past year. And one way you want to grow in the coming year. Write them down.
40. Leave a comment and tell me the first three challenges you completed.
41. Leave a comment telling me your FAVORITE challenge.
(Note: I won’t ask you to list all the challenge #s you completed, but if you win, I might do a little pop quiz. Like “What did you clean for #19?” Or “What did you post on social media for #11?”
Go get ’em, friends!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!