There’s nothing like packing three months’ worth of “fun” into three days. I should probably just go to bed and not even try to recount the events of this weekend, but I’m in the mood for a challenge. Actually, it will probably take a couple (or six) days to remember/write about it all, so I’ll get started.
First of all, some of the highlights (followed by detailed descriptions that you may feel free to skip if the highlights alone were more than you cared to know):
- Some heathen hacked into our checking account via our check card this weekend and stole a whopping $3900. He/She booked a classy German hotel, a first-class flight to/from Germany, and bought lots of fun German merchandise.
- We drove an hour today (for the third day in a row) to visit my extended family who were in town for the wedding. First we picked up my new brother-in-law’s car at the airport. Then the gas light came on in our mini-van. We have no cash, our checking account has been drained by a fiend in Europe, and our check card has been deactivated. I stole my daughter’s Tooth Daddy $, found some spare change, and we put 2 gallons of gas in our car. Then my dad loaned us $80 when we got to my aunt’s house.
- It is fun to be a bridesmaid and have your husband be a videographer/usher and 2 of your daughters be program attendant/flower girls and take care of a teething 6-month-old while getting your picture taken and trying to nurse in your gown and having no one to help you but your dear husband (who was already a little busy himself) because everyone you know/are related to is in the wedding party.
- My baby sister is gorgeous and in Jamaica and I love her, and every trial I went through to help make her wedding day special was 100% WORTH IT.
- I just sent my McGraw-Hill (Unit 1) to my editor via e-mail in plenty of time for my 7/31/06 deadline. Now if I can just meet the 8/14, 8/30, 9/15, and 9/30 deadlines (6 units total), that will be cool.
- I had a young bride of 11 months (whom I’d never met) wrap me in a bear hug this weekend and thank me for writing my book because it saved her marriage. That was very cool.
- Okay, so these highlights are more detailed than I originally planned.
- My sister’s new husband’s brother (catch all that?) passed out while standing up front as a groomsman. I love stuff like that–gives you something to talk about the next day.
- My darling Ava was one of three flower girls. She proudly took the lead, dropped her petals, got almost to the front and realized that little Emma was straggling way behind. Went back to her, showed her how to drop her petals, lovingly guided her to the front. I was cracking up. Snickering (fairly loudly) from my spot at the front of the church. Then the three of them just hung out at the end of the aisle runner and finally found their way to their respective daddies/mommies/grandmas. It was a trip.
- I am so far behind on everything. I thought once the wedding and my first deadline were over I would feel a sense of relief. Not so.
- God literally answered 10-15 mini-prayers of mine yesterday morning. I was so unprepared for the wedding. Had no idea where to find anything we needed. “Lord, please help Gabe find his dress shoes he hasn’t worn since last December.” Check. “God, please help me find Livi’s ‘L’ necklace I promised her she could wear.” Check. “Lord, please let the tripod attachment be in the camera bag instead of back home so we don’t have to turn around.” Check. It went on and on and on like this. Thank you, Father!
- Hello, sweet Christy! I am so glad you read my blog, and I am sooooo sorry that I didn’t know today was your 30th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRISTY! YOU ROCK!
Okay, that’s going to have to be it for now. I have one more thought that I’d like to write more about this week and get your input. So, I wrote a book about marriage, and I want it to encourage young brides, but I’m not sure how I feel about “promoting” it. When I get feedback from gals who have read it, I am so touched. And then I think, maybe I should be doing more to get this in the hands of people who need it. Then I think, “I really don’t want people to think I’m full of myself or greedy for $ or whatever.”
Does anyone have any thoughts? I’ll go into more detail later. Yeah, me and my “details.”
Last thing–I love you YoYo and KelKel! Thank you for doing my hair and Livi’s and Ava’s and being so wonderful and special and come see me this week if you’re bored!