Thanks for sharing friends’ names and stories yesterday. I’ll compile a list, post it next week, and e-mail it to anyone who’s interested.
Many, many books are in the mail. On trucks to far-reaching places like Lititz, PA and Centerville, OH and a whole slew of them to Kentucky. How do I know so many people in Kentucky? I mean, seriously.
I just flew off the handle at my older two children. I feel very yucky inside when I do this. Ugh. I’ll go apologize in a minute.
I also feel yucky (but a different kind) when the bill from Urgent Care comes in the mail, and I pull out my calculator and figure out that I have to sell 585 books to pay it. I wish I were exaggerating. I’m not. And that’s not even counting the $200+ we already spent on prescriptions. Pills and drops that didn’t even work. This is one of those times when I ask God, “Wasn’t that kind of a waste?” Then again, He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. I’m not stressing this time. He never fails me.
I’m off to say “I’m sorry” to Livi and Ava and then get my hair and make-up done at their shop. I’m slightly nervous.
Have a great weekend! Hope some of you get your books!
1. Do you like blue cheese? Kind of.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? Mmmm…no.
3. Do you own a gun? Also no.
4. Your favorite song? Third Day’s…totally forget the title. (And all the lyrics.)
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depends.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Yum on the grill or over a fire.
7. Favorite Christmas song? The Little Drummer Boy (Jars of Clay). It is the only song we listen to in the mini-van. I’m not kidding. This has been going on for four months.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I prefer Starbucks, but I drink Hills Bros. instant cappuccino with whipped cream.
9. Can you do push ups? The girl kind (on my knees). Then only 10ish.
10. What do you want? Holiness, contentment, and kids who love Jesus.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I don’t wear jewelry. Oh—the necklace my sister made me for Christmas.
12. Favorite hobby? Reading and writing.
13. Secret weapon to get the opposite sex? Never figured that one out.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? A mild version perhaps.
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? Easily irritated.
16. Middle Name? Rachelle
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I need a shower. Why can’t my kids get along? I need a nap.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Nothing. (Gabe bought lots of postage.)
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Cappuccino, water, Mountain Dew.
20. Current worry right now? The bills came from Urgent Care. (not worried, just UGH)
21. Current hate right now? Urgent Care.
22. Favorite place to be at? Bookstore, library, bed, BD’s.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? In the recliner with a 102 degree fever, holding Ava with her 104+ degree fever.
24. Where would you like to go? On a missions trip to Africa.
25. Name three people who will complete this. I don’t know that many people.
26. Do you own slippers? No way.
27. What shirt are you wearing? Will Rock 4 Food (2008 edition)
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Probably not.
29. Can you whistle? Very much so. I can even twistle like a bird (but not as well as Gabe)
30. Favorite color? Blue (green’s a close second)
31. Would you like to be a Pirate? Maybe later.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t. I try to pray, then usually get distracted by daydreaming.
33. Favorite girl’s name? Nina
34. Favorite boy’s name? Gabriel
35. What’s in your pocket right now? I dropped my pocket.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Livi and Ava—they just set up a “Buity Shop.”
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Rainbow.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Nothing is coming to mind.
39. Do you love where you live? Yes.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2, but the one in the basement hasn’t been turned on in months. Of course, we have 2 computers that sometimes double as TVs. So, 4. Is that too many?
41. Who is your loudest friend? Ava.
42. How many dogs do you have? None. None now, none ever.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Yes.
44. Who makes you smile the most? My kiddos, hubby, xanga friends, family.
45. What is your favorite book? I don’t like books.
46. What is your favorite candy? Swedish fish.
47. What is your favorite Sports Team? VT Hokies.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Not sure.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Almost (sort of) in bed. Okay, entering e-mail addresses into a database.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? School cancelled? (yes)