I’ve started this post three times already this morning. Each time I was disgusted by the whiny nature of it, clicked “cancel” and stormed away from my computer.
This is what I look like.
Oh, well. I also put together a 100-piece Strawberry Shortcake puzzle with Nina each time, so I redeemed my loss.
Here’s what I’m going to do. Focus on my blessings. Count them even. Because goodness knows, PMS or no, there’s no reason I should be feeling pouty or self-pitying right now.
So here goes:
Why I’m Blessed
1. My husband is sitting eight feet away from me and whistling (literally) while he works.
2. My two older girls are off at school learning. Both are doing well with good reports from their teachers.
3. Autumn leaves are pretty.
4. The cold I’m getting could be something much, much worse.
5. Besides a runny nose (Nina) and a super-loose tooth that won’t come out (Ava), my girlies have no health problems.
6. We have our 3rd Life Group meeting tonight, and we are really enjoying getting to know people.
7. I get to speak to a wonderful group of women on Friday night and two times on Saturday morning. God knows what they need to hear, and I’m counting on Him to tell me.
8. I love to write, and people pay me to do it.
9. We’ve gone to 13 zoos in the past 79 days. We love zoos.
10. My home is warm.
11. I have a beautiful niece scheduled to make her first appearance in just a few short weeks.
12. I have 6 nieces and nephews already here, and I’m excited to spend more time with them soon.
13. I taught Livi how to play Dutch Blitz and she loves it. She loves games.
14. My husband is handsome and talented. And still whistling.
15. God provides for our every need and thinks it’s fun to wait until the 11th hour. I agree. Fun, fun!
16. I have a lot of friends who encourage me–in real life and via the web.
17. We had a fabulous weekend with my sister and brother-in-law. Eight hours isn’t a bad drive to see people you love.
18. I’m starting to really love animals. They make me awestruck. Whoever created them is AMAZING.
19. I get to eat lunch with my oldest today at her school. She’s hardly even embarrassed about it.
20. I have some cool (if not really vague) ideas for homemade Christmas gifts. Counting on God to provide the funds.
21. I’ve never doubted that my parents love me and are proud of me.
22. My cousin Kelly is coming to see us in a couple weeks. Woohoo!
23. My birthday buddy Jamie is coming to celebrate our birthdays together next weekend. Woohoo!
24. I got up early and ran a little bit this morning.
25. My hubby takes really cool pictures and preserves happy family memories for us.
26. God is in control.
27. Christ is God’s “Yes!” (2 Corinthians 1:20)
28. The sermon at Stephi’s church Sunday was about playing to an Audience of One. I’m so thankful that pleasing Him is all that really matters.
29. I’m mostly caught up on dishes and laundry.
30. I’m in love with my little girls.
31. Gabe is done whistling and is now muttering, “Stupid thing!” But if I know him, he’ll be whistling again in a few.
32. I’m thankful for xanga and the encouragement I give/receive via it.
33. Holding tight to lots of God’s promises. I know He’s faithful.
And I’ll stop at 33, because that’s how old I’ll be in 10 days. (What?!?!) It’s been a fun ride. Have a great day, girls! I’ll be praying for you!