On Friday I announced our next Read-Along selection: The Book of James (yes, the one in the Bible). Lots of you asked me what exactly I meant by a “Read-Along,” so here you go:
1. The Read-Along is virtual. In other words, we’ll be “meeting” and discussing each chapter of James online, not in real life. (But if you and some friends want to get together face-to-face for a little Bible study each week, that would be awesome. And I’d love to hear about it.)
2. We’ll start with Chapter 1 on Wednesday, September 7. And we’ll discuss a chapter a week. Each Wednesday (Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5), I’ll write a post with my thoughts on that week’s chapter.
3. If you’d like to write your own post each week, that would be awesome. I’ll have a fun little place where you can link to your post (and go and read everybody else’s). You do NOT have to have a blog or write your own posts to participate in the discussion. I’ll explain (in detail) how to link your posts. Here’s an example from our first Read-Along.
4. Or you can just answer one or more of my discussion questions (and/or add your own thoughts) in the comments.
5. No less than six people have suggested that some of us try to MEMORIZE the whole book of James. Gulp. I stink, stink, stink at memorizing. Or rather, I stink, stink, stink at discipline. Therefore, I’m tempted to try it (but I’m not committing quite yet).
And there you have it. Any other questions? Let me know! Have a great week!