Welcome to Introductions Day for the James Read-Along! I’m so glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to meet you!! No joke! So excited!!
If I’ve caught you off guard, let me invite you to read the Book of James (in the Bible) with us over the next five weeks. Here’s how it will work:
Today, Aug. 31: introduce yourself in the comments section of this post (see instructions at end).
Sept. 1 – Sept. 6: read Chapter 1 of James, take some notes, pray, form some opinions, whatever.
Wed, Sept. 7: read my post on James 1 + others’ thoughts, link to your own blog post if you’d like.
Wed, Sept. 14: do the same for Chapter 2
Wed, Sept. 21: Chapter 3
Wed, Sept. 28: Chapter 4
Wed, Oct. 7: Chapter 5
Wed, Oct. 14: PARTY!!
Some Things You Might Be Wondering:
1. What if I “commit” to doing it and then I drop out? No worries, friend. No pressure, no condemnation, no big deal.
2. What if I don’t have a blog? Can I still participate? Absolutely. Just leave your thoughts in the comments section here. Or just think them in your head if you’d like.
3. I heard a rumor that you might be memorizing the entire book of James. What the…?? Oh, goodness. I don’t know. I thought about it, but I’m already memorizing 24 verses this year (about justice and loving the poor), and I think I’m good. If I feel God nudging me big-time in the next few days to do it, I’ll let you know.
4. What if Wednesdays aren’t good for me? You can read the posts and/or add to the discussion on any day at any time. I’ll check the comments frequently, and I’m up for continuing the James dialogue all week long.
5. How do I link to my own blog post? I’ll explain that the day before we start the Read-Along (so, Tuesday, Sept. 6).
And now, let’s get down to the business of getting to know each other a little bit!
Introducing Yourself Step-by-Step:
1. Your name and location. (be as vague or specific as you feel comfortable)
2. What’s keeping you busy these days.
3. What you’re hoping (or are afraid) God will do in your heart and life during this read-along.
Extra Credit: Invite a friend to join us!
And that’s it! Off you go! Don’t be shy! I’ll leave the first comment to get us started. (Let me know if you have any questions!)